Over the last few years, a lot of New Zealand businesses have been facing staffing challenges. The low unemployment rate and closure of the borders for a couple of years have caused large gaps in the workforce, making it hard for businesses to fill their staff shortages. That's where temporary staff comes in. Whether it's for short-term projects or seasonal workloads, temporary staff can be a key component for businesses to remain competitive.
Temporary staff can offer many advantages to businesses, such as:
- Flexibility: Temporary staff can be hired on a short-term or project basis, providing businesses with the flexibility to manage workload fluctuations and meet immediate business needs.
- Cost savings: Hiring temporary staff can be more cost-effective than hiring permanent employees, as businesses don't need to provide the same level of benefits or long-term job security.
- Reduced recruitment time: Hiring temporary staff can reduce the time and costs associated with recruiting and training permanent employees.
- Improved productivity: Temporary staff can be focused solely on the task at hand, leading to increased productivity and efficiency.
- Reduced risk: By hiring temporary staff, businesses can make sure that the fit is right for both employee and employer, as they can evaluate a worker's skill and fit before offering them a permanent role.
While temporary staff can provide many advantages to businesses, there are also some potential disadvantages, especially considering that if not managed correctly, hiring temporary staff can create issues related to compliance with employment laws and regulations. Therefore, it is highly recommended to use an employment agency like us to provide your business with temporary workers.
The main benefits of working with Trinity are:
- Convenience: We manage the whole process from selecting and screening candidates, to payroll and the employee management.
- Access to candidates: We have a large database of candidates and recruit for a wide range of industries, so we may already have someone suitable for your role.
- Cost-effective: We are proud to provide some of the lowest fees on the market.
Our Recruitment Consultants work very closely with each business to provide them with tailored solutions for their needs, ensuring that they will have the right amount of temporary workers and that they are the right fit for the business. Some of our temporary workers have secured full-time jobs through their placement, which we love to see!
If you want to learn more about hiring temporary staff through Trinity, get in touch with us today!
- Kelly Whearty, Recruitment Consultant at Trinity